We are located at:
4A - 4476 Markham St. Saanich, BC
This is in the Vancouver Island Tech Park. Near, but not inside, Camosun's Interurban Campus. Look for lot P7.
Use the door located on the west side of the building between the loading dock and the propane tanks.
In any of the pay parking lots. There are 15 spaces just outside our door, and more on the west side of the building. Parking is free after 6pm weekdays, and all day on weekends.
Yes, we have places to lock a bike.
Members have 24/7 access. Those interested in membership, or wanting to learn more about our organization, can come to an open house. See the calendar for dates and times.
Student membership @30monthlyThat they make tidy use of our shared workspace and tools
That they show respect to their fellow members.
1. Membership dues are not refundable after the first day of the month for which they cover.
2. Payments for multiple months of dues will be refunded on a pro-rata basis, withstanding condition #1. The annual memberships level is not eligible for refunds of any kind.
3. Payments for classes are refundable up to 48 hours prior to the start time of the class. After this
time, no refunds will be given.
4. Notwithstanding #3, if a class is canceled, postponed, or in any other way not able to be offered,
registrants may opt for either a refund, or a credit towards a future class of equal cost.
5. Payments for storage space of any kind are not refundable.
6. Tangible goods are sold as final sale, as-is, where-is, without warranty of any kind, either
express or implied.
We use Stripe to accept Visa and Mastercard. All charges are in Canadian funds.
Yes, if you clean up after yourself.
Only what you bring. We have a fridge, microwave, and kettle. For large events or classes, we can arrange food service from the park cafeteria.
We regret to inform everyone that the makerspace is not wheelchair accessible. Unfortunately, the space has seven steps leading to our front door, and the elevator in the building has been condemned. We are actively seeking a grant to buy a wheelchair lift.
As a member-driven club, we expect tool users to have a commitment to maintaining all equipment in a working condition as well as an interest in helping out the space. In the past, drop-in users have neither had this commitment nor this interest, resulting in tool destruction and space maintenance issues. We do not offer any drop-in service for non-members.
No, the tools are available for the use of our members. We do not offer service-for-hire.
The only time to come by and check the Makerspace out is on an open house tour night. Check our calendar for upcoming events. The open house lets you get a feel for the space and the community that calls this place home. It includes a tour of the makerspace and is a mandatory first step to membership.
Minors must remain under the supervision of their guardians at all times. There are inherent risks in any workshop environment and minors are the responsibility of their guardians.
Yes. Check our calendar for upcoming events.